Tuesday 10 November 2009

314/365 Thoroughly Modern Meryl

I attended a funeral today. Meryl Handy lived next door but one when I was growing up, I went to school with her elder daughter and at junior school, Meryl was one of my teachers: Mrs Handy at school, Aunty Meryl at home. She was a lovely lady, selfless and generous, living life to the full even in the face of losing her husband when they should have been starting their retirement together. She'll be missed by many, including me. These flowers and candles graced the tables at the church hall afterwards. "Thoroughly Modern Meryl" was a clipping from a paper she stuck to a mirror in her hallway for years, I remember it well, it suited her perfectly.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Aw Nicky. Aren't they pretty, what a lovely thing. Elaine G-H

    ReplyDelete

Wordle

My wordle - a word cloud about me by me.