Monday 8 June 2009

159/365 Tissington Alliums

I visited the home of Sir Richard FitzHerbert this evening. Tissington Hall, the home of the FitzHerbert family for 500 years, was built in 1609 to replace the moated manor house next to the church. The village is beautiful, the house modest by stately home standards, but full of character and dripping with history. After a guided tour of the house and having already spent some time in the gardens and grounds, we adjourned to the Coach & Horses at Fenny Bentley. (Visit http://www.tissington-hall.com/ for more.) I shall return for a longer visit around the village, its beautiful. I love alliums, but mine are a pretty poor show compared to these, I must get some more!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Another great collection! The mix of macro and scenic is pleasing. I like how you used the trees, doorways, and walkways to frame your captures.

    ReplyDelete

Wordle

My wordle - a word cloud about me by me.