Sunday 24 May 2009

144/365 Hussar


We visited Leeds Royal Armouries today, this man is dressed as an English Hussar and taking part in a riding display. He's just sliced the top off a cabbage mounted an top of a pole with his sword! We had a brilliant day and I took nearly 400 photos - I have had a very hard time choosing, but was particularly pleased with this shot - I had the chance to practice panning and got some great results. There will be an album on Picasa! But not tonight! See here for details and click on Leeds - admission was free, there's parking right next door and so much to see, we'll be going again later in the year.

There are five floors of exhibits and they often stage events such as jousting. This week they are having a Wild West Week to co-incide with half term, but the Hussar was included in the riding display. Outside is a canal and warehouses have been converted into posh flats (apartments) and restaurants.

And finally... here's a chip off the old block - Jodie adopts a stable stance, confident enough to move away from us to frame her shot:

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle

My wordle - a word cloud about me by me.