Sunday 30 August 2009

242/365 Carousel horse

There was a traditional galloping carousel at the Sheffield Fayre today, at Norfolk Park, Sheffield. The event is an annual one and part of it is funfair, the rest is living history and re-enactment - which is why we were there, for Oliver to be a Russian. The historical side is multi-period, so we saws Vikings & Romans as well as groups from both world war eras and the American Civil War. The battle by the latter group was fantastic, the best I've seen so far, wish I'd taken the video camera as well as the 40D. We spent the whole day, the weather was very promising until the low cloud moved in, and then light drizzle. But Oliver's spirits were not dampened - he took part is a re-enactment on the battlefield with the 13th (or was it the 2nd Guards...? I get mixed up!), so he's gone to bed tired but happy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle

My wordle - a word cloud about me by me.